Monday, December 2, 2019

Final Reflection

1. I think my experience was overall positive. I actually really enjoyed pursuing the same idea for most of the course. The only "moments of drudgery" were caused by my own lack of planning and falling a little behind this semester.

2.  I am most proud of choosing and actually sticking with a concept that I am actually passionate about and happy with. I normally just pull something together to get the assignment done versus actually taking the time to choose something personal to me. I really enjoyed the Venture Concept assignments as it was the culmination of previous assignments and really solidifying the idea we've been toying with for several weeks.

3. I do not yet look at myself as an entrepreneur, but I am definitely closer to that mindset than I was at the start of the semester. I think I have the potential and the willpower, but I do not think I consistently have the perspective of an entrepreneur at this time.

4. For the course itself--definitely plan ahead! While the assignments are not super intense, there are a lot and they can creep up on you. Also, most of the assignments are not something you can pull together at the last minute.  For the content of the course and taking away the most-definitely pick a topic you're passionate about, come up with an idea that fits and stick with it!

I've included an action-shot of my dog, Ozzy because he was the inspiration for my business idea:



4 comments:

  1. Victoria, great job on your final reflection. I agree that the moments of drudgery that I felt were my own fault. It sounds like there were times where both of us got behind and had to work hard to catch up. I think is definitely a business idea that you could pursue. Going back to the first thing we learned in this class about unmet customer need, I think there is a lot of it and your business idea is a great solution to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree there are advice one can give about this but the number one thing every student have to admit is a priority number one advice is planning out and sticking to it. Because if a student misses one day of two assignments it can result in not a 4 point deduction but a 6 point one. Due to the fact peer reviews get added on. So you already at an A- if you miss one day. Imagine if you do that on a three assignment weekend you already at a B or a B-.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Victoria, I really enjoyed your reflection. I thought that your overall idea was really good and I love your passion for dogs. I believe that your opportunity could become a reality soon. I definitely agree with you to plan and work ahead because these assignments really did creep up on me for a couple weeks. Also, Ozzy is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The advice you give is 100% true. I think planning ahead and staying on top of all the assignments is crucial in order to be successful in this class. In addition, choosing a topic one is passionate about like you did is extremely important, not only for the class but in general. If we aren’t passionate about what we are doing then we won’t be putting in our maximum effort in it.

    ReplyDelete