Thursday, October 3, 2019

Idea Napkin Number 1

1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
I am very dedicated and detail-oriented. I am an experience project manager and leader. I see myself overseeing day-to-day and big-picture operations and being very involved in the operations.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs). 
I am offering a full-service dog day-care. Customers can leave their dogs by the hour or by the day. We will also offer pick-up services and allow the owners visibility to their dogs' activities as well as notifications (i.e. Your dog just ate lunch, etc.)
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
My customers are working dog-owners, middle/upper-middle class, who lead busy lives, but want to make sure their dogs have access to socialization even if they are gone for the day. 
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service. 
My customers care because they love their dogs as if they are their children! They want the best for their pet and want to be able to ensure their dogs are happy, even if they have to stay late at the office
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has? 
Our service is "for dog-lovers, by dog-lovers". We offer a higher-level of care and attention because we love their animals too! Our by-the-hour or by-the-day packages as well as drop-off or pick-up service sets us apart from competitors. Owners' ability to check in on their dog throughout the day allows our customers to fully trust us because they will see how well their dog is being cared for. 

3 comments:

  1. Victoria, I think that you did a great job with the idea napkin assignment. I personally do not own a dog, but I know many people who do. I think my aunt would potentially use this service. She lives a very busy life and I think she would do this for her dog. I think the way you say “for dog-lovers, by dog-lovers” is a great saying to catch people’s attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria, I think the skills you highlighted at the beginning of the assignment are key to what all of us are trying to accomplish as entrepreneurs. Being able to "see the big picture" is what being an entrepreneur is all about so the fact that you are able to identify that trait of yourself goes to show that you have what it takes to be a successful business owner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi victoria,

    I think that your skills align with what you are offering. You clearly have a passion for dogs and that creates trust and creditability. I like how you said that you're able to see the big picture because that it very important in creating a business. By looking at the big future, you'll be able to see what the future holds for you in this dog sitting business.

    ReplyDelete