Friday, November 8, 2019

Reading Reflection


The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, Guy Kawasaki

1. Kawasaki emphasizes how crucial social media skills have become for personal and professional success. He includes practical advice for increasing your social media strength and presence in a way that is easy to take individual tips and implement his advice in small increments.

2. Social media is one of the biggest marketing tools we all have at our fingertips. IT is such a powerful tool for establishing an online presence as a company, interacting with current and existing customers, and painting a clear picture of what your offer and what makes you special.

3. I think the activity for this book is pretty obvious: create a Facebook, Instagram, twitter, etc. for your company and a few posts on each platform, implementing Kawasaki's tips.

4. I think the simplicity of a lot of the individual tips surprised me, but when the whole picture comes together, the little changes can have a BIG impact. For instance some of the tips like including a photo or graphic with every post, making the most out of your hash-tag allotments, and sharing your posts through all of your platforms, etc. seem pretty elementary, but all of these little changes will strengthen your social media presence.





3 comments:

  1. I agree with the fact of the overall theme of how in today's society social media skills are crucial. We are in the digital age and having a social media present rather you are new business or an established one. If you are a new one it is great to put yourself out there to get recognized and seen as legitimate. While for an old one it pushes for a new market and not to get left behind with the times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria, I read the same book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think you did a good job on your response. I had the same idea that you did for an activity for this class based on the book. We should have to create a social media campaign for our business based on the tips that Kawasaki gave in the book. I also appreciated the simplicity of the tips he gave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have the opportunity to read this book, but I agree with Kawasaki, where he emphasizes how crucial social media skills are for personal and professional success. We use social media in our daily lives to not only share life experiences, but to also network with other people. There are so many little things that we could do to create a bigger and more worthwhile social media platform. These changes can provide a large impact to your personal and professional life.

    ReplyDelete