Opportunity:
The change in lifestyle and pace of life in recent generation causes time to be one of the most valuable resources. People today are expected to do more with the 24 hours in a day than any past generation. Young, working professional often struggle with their desire for a furry companion and the ability to provide the best care for their pet in their busy lifestyle. There is a need for a stable, safe, and stimulating care for their dogs while they are working late of the office, catching up on errands, or travelling. My market is in the Orlando and Lake Nona area. They are young, working women ages 21-28 who do not yet have children and live alone or with a partner who also leads a busy lifestyle. They are currently satisfying this need by stretching their schedule even more thin to go home every day at lunch, giving up other parts of their routine to offer the best care for their dogs and bouncing around between dog walkers, struggling to find someone who they can work with consistently. Not only do I not see this window closing anytime soon, but I see it opening even wider during the years to come.
Innovation:
My doggie-daycare service is incrementally innovative. While boarding facilities and dog-walking businesses exist, there is a need in the market for a more advanced and modern approach. People do not want to drop off their dog to a facility who will allow them out of a crate for an hour or 2. They want their dogs to be stimulated in a safe and fun environment so they can be socialized and exercised physically and mentally. The Orlando area mostly offers boarding for travelers because of the nearby airport. There are not option for locals who may want to have their dog got to day care a few times a week as a monthly subscription model or just for a few hours while they run errands.
I would offer hourly, daily, weekly and monthly packages. ($10/hour, $30/day, $150/week, $300/month). The monthly package would be up to 16 visits in the month (4x per week).
Venture Concept:
I will be offering a full-service dog day-care, featuring a specially designed play area to stimulate dogs mentally and physically through out the day. Dogs will spend All non-sleeping time in the various play areas, separated by level of activity. Our staff will be comprised of dog-trainers with a passion as strong as mine. The dogs will receive basic training as part of the weekly and monthly packages. Daily and hourly packages will receive foundation training/priming for training and positive reinforcement. There is no direct competition right now in the Orlando market. Local boarding offers no where near the same experience for the dogs. Many of the staff members of these boarding facilities speak openly about the lack of stimulation these animals receive. Our price points and packages are extremely flexible to fit every need and lifestyle. Our staff will consist of one trainer per 5 dogs and one-two veterinary professional at all times to ensure the highest level of care.
Our secret-sauce is that our entire team is filled with dog-owners and dog-lovers. We care for others' pets as if they were our own!
What's next? We are also partnering with local professional groomers and veterinary professional to offer a wide array of additional services. The owner of the local dog-bakery will be working with us to offer diverse meal-packages, customize-able for each dog's dietary needs.
In the future, I would want to open multiple locations, to offer our services for other communities.
Victoria, I like how you completed the venture concept assignment. I like the way that you organized it because I found it pretty easy to follow. I like how you stated the price. I think that the price is very reasonable and can be something that a good number of people could afford. I definitely like how your service is more innovative than the current services that exist.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Riley where your venture concept assignment was very easy to follow. I like how you offered the hourly, daily, weekly and monthly packages and their price points, making you dog day-care service even more legitiment. You pinpointed a problem and created a very good plan to solve it. I like how you also thought of making partnerships with groomers, veterinary professions, and local dog bakeries. These partnerships will really boost up both of your businesses because they all are specialized towards dog care.
ReplyDelete